You’ve discovered Hawaii’s award-winning full service luxury boutique hotel on the Big Island of Hawaii, centrally located between Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and Pu`uhonua `O Honaunau National Historic Park.
Discover where Hawaii Lives
The Hawaiian Culture and the Arts are alive and well at Kalaekilohana Inn & Retreat. Break loose from the resort chains and experience a deeper, richer Hawaii.
Enjoy Breakfast on our Lanai
Locally sourced, often organic whole foods beautifully presented. Eating well when you travel doesn’t have to be difficult.
Where Stories are Shared
Enjoy a beverage, share your day, or find out more about Hawaii. Relaxing on the lanai is one of our great pleasures.
Experiences that can shape your visit to Hawaii
- Find a genuine connection to the people and culture of Hawaii.
- Feel the romance of Old Hawaii, with big verandas and french doors.
- Taste the sensation of ripe tropical fruits and fresh locally grown foods.
- Enjoy a premium property enthusiastically recommended by others.
- Stay in a central location ideal for seeing the southern half of Hawaii Island.
- Spend time with knowledgeable hosts who will answer your burning questions, provide clear directions and maps, and offer great tips and solid recommendations to help you get the most out of your stay.
Kalaekilohana Inn & Retreat is a Hawaii Boutique Hotel delivering a vacation experience unlike anywhere else.
Things You Want . . Included
You want a consistently great luxury product.
TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice Award three years in a row. Twelve years of happy guests. An iconic landmark property set in the Ka’ū countryside above historic Ka Lae, the southern tip of the Hawaiian Islands.
You want an all-inclusive rate without hidden resort fees.
We include an extensive list of amenities and a locally sourced breakfast with no surprise fees. You may add dinner nightly for just $35 per person plus a 20% service charge. Otherwise, you just add the 17.42% tax which every property is obligated by law to collect.
You want to eat better when you travel.
We offer locally sourced fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain foods prepared in house, as well as 100% locally grown coffee, honey, fish, lamb, and beef.